The Activities Manager plans, facilitates, oversees and evaluates individual and group therapeutic recreational programs at a center. Activities are designed based on the needs and interests of members and are intended to entertain, encourage interaction and relaxation, promote health, and contribute to the overall quality of our members’ days. The Activities Manager participates in the selection, training, and supervision of staff and volunteers, and ensures program compliance with company policies and procedures, and safety and regulatory standards. The Activities Manager is expected to lead by example - maintaining a positive attitude; being a thoughtful, supportive, productive and dependable leader and co-worker; keeping our members safe, and always working to enhance the health and happiness of the people we serve and those who care for them.
- Conduct therapeutic recreational assessment on new members to identify interests, assess abilities, and determine how best to engage members and meet their needs; maintain accurate and updated files and records.Develop, plan, organize and implement diverse and creative therapeutic recreational programs for members; draft and publish related calendars and communications.
- Interview, hire, onboard and supervise program assistants and volunteers; maintain master schedule; provide ongoing training, mentorship, and performance evaluations for assigned team members.
- Manage activity supplies, equipment, and related expenditures within assigned budget; maintain program areas, supplies, and equipment ensuring all are organized, clean, stocked and in good working order.
- Actively participate in safety and quality initiatives, care planning conferences and ongoing assessments; coordinate with internal and external ancillary services (e.g. dietary, nursing, transportation, social services, community agencies, etc.) to ensure quality care is being provided to all members.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and in-service programs; collaborate with a cross-functional team, providing feedback and suggestions for enhancing the member experience and achieving the center’s overall goals & objectives.
- Stay current on related industry knowledge and trends through educational opportunities, publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Assist members with activities of daily living as needed.
- Communicate in a positive, courteous and professional manner with members and their families, co-workers, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, safety and regulatory laws and standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as changed or assigned at any time.
Expected Behaviors and Demonstrated Values
- Protect the safety and health of our members above all else.
- Act with integrity.
- Be enthusiastic and provide support and encouragement.
- Listen by opening your eyes, your ears, and your heart.
- Take pride in your work and your workplace.
- Treat members like family by showing them you care and you’re glad they’re here.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor of Science Degree preferred; additional requirements as mandated by state-specific regulatory guidelines.
- Minimum of two-years (or full-time equivalent) activities experience at a supervisory level in a healthcare setting; additional requirements as mandated by state-specific regulatory guidelines (e.g. Certified Activity Professional).
- Prior experience working with seniors and/or adults with special needs preferred.
- Strong communication and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Amazing Customer Service
- Able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to stand and actively engage with members for an extended period; able to bend, pull, push, squat, turn, transfer and lift 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Successful results of background check, and where applicable, additional state-specific regulatory requirements
If you are interested in this position, please contact Robyn Kaplan at email@example.com EOE