Multiple openings: Full/Part-time positions available
To use best practices and technology within a community based
residential setting to teach individuals with developmental disabilities how to
acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to live
as independently as possible.
- Provide direct support to individuals by assisting with development of independence skills based on the need of each individual.
- Assists to the extent needed by the individual in all daily living skills.
- Advocates for the individual including fostering healthy relationships with peers and staff.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with guardians, parents and support personnel based on needs of the residents.
- Administers medication and completes documentation of same.
- Supports individuals to and from medical appointments and documents all information from appointments.
- Assists the individuals in developing a support network within the community.
- Assists individual with identifying and/or accompanying them to social and recreational activities within the community.
- As needed, will transport the individual to appointments, shopping and other activities
- Accurately completes all mandatory in-house documentation
- Participates in IDT meetings for personal future planning as requested.
- Completes all duties as delegated by the Residential Manager/Director.
- Must successfully complete and demonstrate proficiency in all areas of required training.
- Perform any and all duties requested of supervisor.
- Associates Degree or higher or High school diploma plus two years’ experience in the field.
- Valid driver’s license plus clean driving record.
- Shall be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to communicate effectively with written and oral language.
- Must be able to pass fingerprinting, initial and random drug testing, and CARI and Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. N.J.A.C. 10:44D, and a criminal background clearance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of inclusion, compassion and has the ability to problem solve with individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.