To oversee a residential program and maintain the health, safety, and wellbeing of all individuals. To supervise a team of DSP’s and ensure compliance with all state licensing regulations including DDD, DCA and JFCS policies and procedures.
- Creates and oversees a residential community, where individuals can live a safe and healthy life, with opportunities for meaningful participation in the community.
- "On call" 24 hours a day in cooperation with other management staff.
- Monitors all aspects of the individuals’ supported life and wellbeing. This includes but is not limited to cooking, cleaning, transporting, assisting with hygiene and other ADLs, medical appointments, medication administration, community and recreation activities.
- Assists with the hiring of Direct Professional Staff and ensuring the onboarding process
- Timely completes staff evaluations at 90 days and on staff anniversaries.
- Monitors residential budget, in collaboration with Director of Residential Services, to ensure that operation costs are within the program budget.
- Performs staff training to comply with DDD licensing requirements.
- Ensure that employees complete required mandatory trainings in the designated time frame.
- Monitors and ensures accurate documentation, in accordance with DDD licensing regulations and JFCS requirements. Performs documentation audits on a regular basis.
- Monitors maintenance of housing kitchen appliances and fire/safety equipment and reports malfunction to designated personnel.
- Monitors maintenance of transportation vehicles and reports need for vehicle service to designated personnel.
- Ensures the accuracy of the disbursement and documentation of individual finances, as needed.
- Monitors health and medical needs of individuals and audits medication administration.
- Assists the individuals in developing a support network within the community.
- Facilitates scheduling of social and recreational activities within the community.
- As needed, will transport individuals to community activities.
- Ensures consistent service delivery which connects work, home, and recreational needs.
- Serves as an active member of each person’s interdisciplinary team.
- Submit monthly written reports covering operational status, as well as individual progress and concerns to supervisor.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and training relevant to the position.
- Perform any and all duties requested of supervisor and meets with supervisor on a regular basis.
- Completes staffing schedule for the location on a bi-weekly basis.
- Monitors petty cash spending as well as ensure individual house accounts are maintained by DSP staff
- Compose disciplinary action notices when needed for staff and review with Human Resources.
- Completes Unusual Incident Reports and communicates to appropriate personnel.
- Follow and implement procedures outlined in the JFCS Policy and Procedure Manual
- Perform any and all duties requested by a supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; plus at least one-year experience working in residential services
- Valid driver’s license plus clean driving record.
- Shall be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to communicate effectively with written and oral language.
- Must be able to pass fingerprinting, initial and random drug testing, and CARI and Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. N.J.A.C. 10:44D, and a criminal background clearance.
- Must successfully complete and demonstrate proficiency in all areas of required training, including but not limited to specialized trainings, online trainings, CPR and crisis management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of inclusion, compassion and can problem solve with individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Must be available for on call.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com.