Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Samost Jewish Family & Children's Service (JFCS)
1301 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill NJ
We are currently seeking to fill multiple DSP positions at our new residential facility in Cherry Hill, NJ. We currently offer flexible schedules that include full-time and part-time opportunities. There are no certifications or licenses required. In addition to a beautiful, newly-built, state-of-art facility, we offer a very competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. If you are looking to advance in your profession and are looking for that next great opportunity, please apply right away so that we can schedule your interview.
Samost Jewish Family & Children Services of Southern NJ (JFCS), an agency of Jewish Federation of Southern NJ, has been serving the community for over 70 years with exemplary care and compassion for individuals of all faiths and backgrounds. Our mission is to help the community at large to successfully meet the challenges of daily life by providing quality, affordable, and accessible social services. The agency is guided by our values of caring for individuals with dignity and respect and helping people to help themselves.
To use best practices and technology within a community-based residential setting to teach individuals with developmental disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
- Provide direct support to individuals by assisting with development of independence skills based on the need of each individual.
- Assists to the extent needed by the individual in all daily living skills.
- Advocates for the individual including fostering healthy relationships with peers and staff.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with guardians, parents and support personnel based on needs of the residents.
- Administers medication and completes documentation of same.
- Supports individuals to and from medical appointments and documents all information from appointments.
- Assists the individuals in developing a support network within the community.
- Assists individual with identifying and/or accompanying them to social and recreational activities within the community.
- As needed, will transport the individual to appointments, shopping and other activities
- Accurately completes all mandatory in-house documentation
- Participates in IDT meetings for personal future planning as requested.
- Completes all duties as delegated by the Residential Manager/Director.
- Must successfully complete and demonstrate proficiency in all areas of required training.
- Perform any and all duties requested of supervisor.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Associates Degree or higher or high school diploma plus two years’ experience in the field.
- Valid driver’s license plus clean driving record.
- Shall be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to communicate effectively with written and oral language.
- Must be able to pass fingerprinting, initial and random drug testing, and CARI and Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. N.J.A.C. 10:44D, and a criminal background clearance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of inclusion, compassion and have the ability to problem solve with individuals with disabilities and their families.