Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Southern New Jersey is seeking a part-time baker/bread-maker to join our dynamic Soups and Sweets Culinary Training program (for individuals with special needs), to work on Mondays from 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented and focused on high quality. Commercial Baking Experience preferred. A baking/culinary degree and catering experience a plus, however, we will train the right person.
Required Skills and Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of dough for bread making. Familiarity with professional kitchen equipment such as commercial mixers, blenders, proofers, etc. necessary
- Making braided bread and various rolls regularly, with other baking as needed
- Capable of working Independently and according to production needs
- Must be punctual with a strong work ethic
- Keeping kitchen and equipment cleaned and sanitized with a clear understanding of food safety practices
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Chef and Catering Manager
- ServSafe Food Handlers Certification preferred
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Samost Jewish Family & Children’s Service (JFCS) is a non-profit social service agency located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. For over 65 years, JFCS has been providing comprehensive, caring social services to South Jersey residents of all ages, faiths, and economic backgrounds - strengthening the individual, the family, and the community. From cradle to rocking chair, our critical services help our most vulnerable community members meet the challenges and overcome the obstacles that often arise during the course of daily living. JFCS services are available to residents of Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester Counties in Southern New Jersey.
If you are interested in this position, please forward resume to Cynthia Kleinbart at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE